Bracco has a history of introducing
- The first ready-to-use, non-ionic/low osmolar contrast agent for XRay, launched in 1981 and still the leading product in many markets under different brand names
- The first magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) contrast agent with high relaxivity and dual route of excretion, launched in 1998
- Bracco was the first company to drive the adoption of cardiac PET through innovation, research and development
A dedication to research
that spans the globe
Research and development (R&D) is key to driving innovation and pioneering solutions.
A crucial aspect of our R&D effort is the conception and implementation of high-efficiency production processes with special attention to minimizing their environmental impact.
Our goal? To bring meaningful change and address unmet or poorly met needs in healthcare.
The Bracco Group is currently engaged in the development of new imaging agents and solutions specifically designed to improve patient management through increased accuracy in diagnoses.
From Silicon Valley to Switzerland
Around 300 scientists and engineers work in Bracco R&D to spur discovery and breakthroughs. We carry out R&D activities at Research Centers in:
- USA (Fremont, Silicon Valley, California; Princeton, New Jersey; Minneapolis and Maple Grove, Minnesota)
- Colleretto Giacosa, near Ivrea (CRB – Bracco Research Center)
- Geneva (Bracco Suisse S.A.)
These six facilities—driven by disparate approaches and cultural considerations—work on a coordinated basis to achieve optimal complementarity and innovative impact.
The research centers in Europe (Ivrea and Geneva) are primarily active in the initial discovery phase of new molecules and new sustainable processes. Our Princeton facility then transforms these discoveries into products for human users.